Friday, July 30, 2010

Action Research Plan

What types of support do new teachers need to succeed? This will be the topic for my action research. The three goals that will guide my research are: I want the new teachers to know that are welcome and a valued member of our faculty. I want to provide curricular support. I also want to demonstarte ways to communicate effectively with parents.
To conduct the research a colleague and I will meet with new teachers about every 4 weeks. I will have the new teachers complete three surveys throughout the school year, I will review students test scores, take field notes, interview the administrator and make reflections.
I am hoping to learn some specific ways to encourage and help new teachers. This will be beneficial information for me to have as a future adminitsrator, as well as pertinent information for other administartors to acquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment